Colleges and Universities:
- University of Kentucky - Fayette County's largest employer...they apparently have a basketball team too 😉
- Transylvania University - Check out Transy...the oldest college west of the Appalachians
- Sullivan University - Lexington's leading business university
- ACE Weekly - Lexington's groovy arts and entertainment weekly
- Chevy Chaser Magazine - Our local neighborhood paper covers the greater Chevy Chase area and lists real estate and articles for the Kenwick, Fairway, and Ashland Park neighborhoods.
- Lexington Herald-Leader - The region's local daily newspaper
- Nougat Magazine - Lexington's sassy and saucy downtown arts and opinion monthly
- Kentucky Kernel: UK's Student Newspaper - University of Kentucky's campus newspaper published weekdays during the academic year
Tourism Links for the Lexington and surrounding counties:
- Bluegrass Airport - Our local airport
- Greater Lexington Chamber of Commerce - The folks down in the big shiny building at the corner of Main and Rose
- Greater Lexington: The Insider's Guide - A guide to local living
- Henry Clay's Ashland - Website dedicated to Kenwick's most famous landowner and neighbor...and his house!
- Lexington Convention and Visitors Bureau - Local sites and a very nice calendar of local events
- Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government - The place to look for local ordinances, services, and city government contact info
- National Register of Historic Places Website on Lexington - Back then folks said Lexington was the Athens of the West but the gyros and hummus probably weren't really up to snuff
- Shakertown - OK...so it's not even in Fayette County...but Shakertown is close and a great place to visit, stay, or go for a nice dinner
Other Useful Links:
- American Bungalow - Kenwick...especially the first blocks...is chock full of these charming homes from the early 20th century.
- Construct-Related Organizations - The LFUCG's handy list of professional building organizations who can make referrals for home repairs and improvements
Other Lexington Neighborhood Associations: